[Snort-users] Snort+BASE+Bigfix

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at ...294...
Mon Nov 23 20:01:08 EST 2009

On 11/24/2009 11:25 AM, Joel Esler wrote:

>     If anyone out there is using Snort, BASE and also uses Bigfix for
>     patch management, I’ve got my system setup so that when you click
>     on an IP address in BASE, you also have a link to Bigfix Web
>     Reports (a report created by one of the Bigfix devs) for that
>     machine so you can quickly lookup applied/missing patches.
>
>     If you are interested I can share the Bigfix report, and also the
>     changes I made to BASE to add the link.
>

> Submit it to the base team at base [at] secureideas.net
> <http://secureideas.net> for possible inclusion into the BASE product
> itself.

Could you look to generalizing it so that other web-based products could
be hooked in instead? eg. an "API" whereby each base site can choose the
URL they want to use, and base can pass on attributes like ip address to
that URL. (we have our own "asset tracking" system internally, and being
able to link it into base would be very nice. Same goes for our Nessus
reports)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417