[Snort-users] Code to open SNORT Unix Domain Socket?

Honia A honia2002 at ...125...
Wed Nov 18 09:34:48 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to write some code (preferably in C) that opens the SNORT Unix Domain Socket interface and that successfully intercepts events from SNORT so down the road, that the events could be read by any other Unix Domain Socket-enabled software.

Am not trying to reinvent the wheel here, so I thought I would ask you all if such code already exists.

Came across the README.UNSOCK in the docs directory, does this code give me the result I’m trying to achieve or I should be installing a new software to do this for me?

Thanks in advance,