[Snort-users] How to test Snort on a real system?

Richard Bejtlich taosecurity at ...11827...
Sun Nov 15 16:07:45 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Honia A <honia2002 at ...125...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Snort on a Linux box and tested it by running this command:
> snort -de -l logs/ -c /home/h/snort-2.8.5.1/etc/snort.conf
>
> Now, I was wondering if there is any way to "attack" my Linux box as a
> test...
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hello,

explaining how to use Metasploit's db_autopwn functionality to conduct
such a test against Snort.  If you want to see a draft please contact
me off-list.  Otherwise, the article should appear in December or
January.

Sincerely,

Richard