[Snort-users] [Snort-sigs] VRT Rule Search is Back on Snort.org

Mike Guiterman mguiterman at ...1935...
Wed Nov 4 12:15:23 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

The updated VRT Rule Search feature is now live on Snort.org.  Check it out
at: http://snort.org/search.

Full text search supports the following:

   - Single keyword or SID search (ex – ‘windows’, ‘mysql’, ‘linux’)
   - Multiple keyword search (ex – ‘windows 2000’, ‘mysql 4.10’)
   - Multiple keyword search with terms joined by the AND, OR, and
NOTboolean operators (ex – ‘windows
   AND 2000 NOT xp’)

You can also search by rule fields to narrow your search results.  The
available fields are:

   - keyword
   - cve
   - bugtraq
   - sid

See the search instructions at:
http://snort.org/rule-search-instructionsfor more information on using
the enhanced search capabilities.

For those of you using BASE, keep an eye out for an upcoming release.  Kevin
and the BASE team will be updating the direct links back to Snort.org for
rules documentation.

Finally, the next enhancement will be to add the ability to search by
Microsoft advisory number.  We'll make an announcement when that feature is
enabled.

We'd love your feedback,  please email any comments or enhancement requests
to snort-site at ...3990...  Our web developers monitor this list.

Have a great day!

Mike