[Snort-users] VRT Rules snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz Download Error?

Mike Guiterman mguiterman at ...1935...
Fri May 29 14:57:06 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Jeff Dell <jdell at ...1095...> wrote:

>  Interesting.. I didn’t know
>

> http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/
> <oinkcode>/snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz.md5
>

> existed… Is there a link that doesn’t require an oinkcode? I can’t find
> one.

No but you raise a good point about making it easier to check.

> I also noticed that when you use this link it redirects to:
>

> http://dl.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz.md5?oink_code=
> <oinkcode>

No but that's a good point and nice find.

> Is the original link going to go away?

It won't go away.  We're using the redirect to make sure Oinkmaster
continued to work without requiring a mass conf. update.  We'll update the
doc with the new link and eventually phase it out.