[Snort-users] VRT Rules snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz Download Error?

jlay at ...13475... jlay at ...13475...
Fri May 29 12:12:09 EDT 2009

> I spoke to our IT guys - sorry, This isn't possible.
>
> I also want to thank everyone for the great feedback so far.
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Sethsec <sethsec at ...11827...> wrote:
>
>> It looks like you guys are redirecting the initial request to
>> www.snort.org
>>  to dl.snort.org. Is there anyway you can do that redirection "behind
>> the scenes" do I don't have to add the .34 to a butt load of outgoing
>> fw rules?

My question now is, what's the best timeframe for updating rules?  I have
a script that downloads the rules once a week (via oinkmaster)...should I
change that to something different?  Is there a way to diff the rules or
tarball on a box and compare to what's online before downloading?  How can
end users lighten the load on the snort.org site?  Just a few questions I
guess.

James