[Snort-users] Not able to run PPM install TK during snort installation

Sadanand Ghagare sadanandgh at ...11827...
Thu May 28 10:40:28 EDT 2009

Hi JJC,

I downloaded  Tk-804.028.tar.gz<http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SR/SREZIC/Tk-804.028.tar.gz>from
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SR/SREZIC/ and unpacked them. I got folder
called Tk-804.028 after unpacking which I placed in C:\Perl\lib where I
installed perl.  when I tried installaing Tk with PPM install Tk, it is
showing error Can't find any package that provides tk.
I dont know if the module which I downloaded is correct one.
And when I try to run oinkgui.pl file, it also gives following error:
Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .)
at C:
\Documents and Settings\Administrator.Local Machine\Desktop\oinkgui.p line
45
.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator.RDS
EP1\Desktop\updatesnortrulei.pl line 45.

Could you please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
sadanand
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM, JJ Cummings <cummingsj at ...11827...> wrote:

> You can get the perl modules manually and put them where they need to go
> (not sure where that is on a Win32 system myself but just sticking them in
> the perl include path should do the trick) => http://www.cpan.org/ .
> There are also other perl utilities to fetch rules (VRT only, i.e.
> snort.org based rules) such as pulledpork =>
> http://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/ that may have fewer dependencies than
> oinkmaster at this time.
>
> Hope that helps,
> JJC
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Sadanand Ghagare <sadanandgh at ...11827...>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I was following step 7 of installing snort on windows 2003 advanced server
>> in which we need to configure oinkmaster 2.0 and then need to run ppm
>> install tk and ppm install Win32::File Op. While executing this commands, I
>> was getting error saying Downloading ActiveState Package Repository
>> packlist...failed 500 Can't connect to ppm4.activestate.com:80 (connect:
>> timeout). before executing the command, I successfully installed
>> activeperl 5.10.
>> This might be because Network firewall blocking the connection. I want to
>> know whether any alternate manual install method available instead of above
>> method?
>>

>> --
>>

>> Thanks & Regards
>>
>> Sadanand G.

>> Register Now for Creativity and Technology (CaT), June 3rd, NYC. CaT
>> is a gathering of tech-side developers & brand creativity professionals.
>> Meet
>> the minds behind Google Creative Lab, Visual Complexity, Processing, &
>> iPhoneDevCamp as they present alongside digital heavyweights like
>> Barbarian
>> Group, R/GA, & Big Spaceship. http://p.sf.net/sfu/creativitycat-com

Thanks & Regards

Sadanand G.