[Snort-users] Not able to run PPM install TK during snort installation

Sadanand Ghagare sadanandgh at ...11827...
Wed May 27 12:24:54 EDT 2009

Hi

I was following step 7 of installing snort on windows 2003 advanced server
in which we need to configure oinkmaster 2.0 and then need to run ppm
install tk and ppm install Win32::File Op. While executing this commands, I
was getting error saying Downloading ActiveState Package Repository
packlist...failed 500 Can't connect to ppm4.activestate.com:80 (connect:
timeout). before executing the command, I successfully installed activeperl
5.10.
This might be because Network firewall blocking the connection. I want to
know whether any alternate manual install method available instead of above
method?

--

Thanks & Regards

Sadanand G.