[Snort-users] New Snort.org Site Release - May 27, 2009

Mike Guiterman mguiterman at ...1935...
Tue May 26 17:02:16 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

We’ll be releasing the new Snort.org website tomorrow evening.  Part of the
transition process includes migrating the Snort forums history and
everyone’s user information. In order to ensure that we migrate all of the
data, the following features will be unavailable beginning at 12:00 pm EDT
and ending at approximately 6:00pm EDT
-    Generating an Oinkcode
-    Manual VRT Rules downloads
-    New account registration
-    Snort forums

If you’re using Oinkmaster to update your rules, you will still be able to
download the latest rule files.   All other content and functions of
Snort.org will be maintained during the transition.

Regards,

Mike