[Snort-users] whether wireshark can be integrated with snort??

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue May 19 12:27:37 EDT 2009

If your machine can handle it, you can run Snort sniffing directly on the
same interface that wireshark is listening.
You'll get much better performance out of Snort.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Sadanand Ghagare <sadanandgh at ...11827...>wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are in process to implement snort as network sensor in our network. But
> problem here is, we already have wireshark machine connected to monitoring
> port of switch and we don't want to disturb existing setup.
> So whether it is possible to integrate snort with wireshark so that snort
> can analyze the packets captured by wireshark as per snort rule base.
> If yes, how to configure it.
> I hope I am up to the point for my requirements.
>
> --
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Sadanand G.

joel esler | Sourcefire | gtalk: jesler at ...1935... | 302-223-5974