[Snort-users] whether wireshark can be integrated with snort??

Sadanand Ghagare sadanandgh at ...11827...
Tue May 19 12:01:29 EDT 2009

Hi

We are in process to implement snort as network sensor in our network. But
problem here is, we already have wireshark machine connected to monitoring
port of switch and we don't want to disturb existing setup.
So whether it is possible to integrate snort with wireshark so that snort
can analyze the packets captured by wireshark as per snort rule base.
If yes, how to configure it.
I hope I am up to the point for my requirements.

--

Thanks & Regards

Sadanand G.