[Snort-users] Snort 2.8.5 Beta Now Available
snortreleases at ...950...
Thu May 14 09:23:17 EDT 2009
A beta version of Snort 2.8.5 is now available on snort.org, at
Snort 2.8.5 introduces:
- Ability to specify multiple configurations (snort.conf and everything
it includes), bound either by Vlan ID or IP Address. This allows you
to run one instance of Snort with multiple snort.conf, rather than
having separate processes.
- Continued inspection of traffic while reloading a configuration.
Add --enable-reload option to your configure script prior to building.
- Rate Based Attack prevention for Connection Attempts, Concurrent
Connections, and improved rule/event filtering. See README.filters
- SSH preprocessor (no longer experimental)
- Performance improvements in various places
Please see the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to snort-beta at ...3990...
The Snort Release Team
More information about the Snort-users