[Snort-users] Rule Update Issue

sachin kokcha sachin.kokcha at ...14479...
Tue May 12 09:20:43 EDT 2009

Dear Snort Gurus',

The problem we are facing is like we till date not getting automatic
updates of the rules on our Snort IDS Box. Most of the time we perform
update  task manually only.

Our Configuration :
OS : *Windows Server 2003*
Snort Version : *2_8_3_1_Installer*
IDS Policy Manager Version :* 2.2*

Policy Manager Setting Misc' Settings:
Oink Code :*451f07091a2ca19772f322800ca1351fcef7e12a*
Check for updates :*Weekly*
Backup Database  :*Weekly*
Policy Cache Timeout :*24 Hours *
Remove Old Rule : *Check box checked*
Proxy setting also properly configured in IDS Policy Manager.

Can somebody help us on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Sachin Kokcha
"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
are confidential. and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby notified that any
review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately by return email.
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email.
The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."