[Snort-users] snortrules-snapshot not sustainable?

Zultan zultan at ...13388...
Wed May 6 06:48:14 EDT 2009

Rsync would be better, except for users like me.  Why?  Because politicians far above me with their lofty CISSP decided that rsync might be abused.  So they ordered port 873 blocked.

A simpler solution would be to reduce the size of the tarball.

Hello VRT rules folks!

Since the rules .tgz file for rules >= version 2.8.4 will not work on lessor versions, why are the precompiled rules for lessor still included in the tarball?

If the rules for < 2.8.4 will not be maintained, then why not fork off the 2.8.4 rules and only include the precompiled rules for 2.8.4+?

Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
Get a Free Account at www.mail.com