[Snort-users] -A unsock

Jason Tomforde jtomforde at ...14527...
Thu Mar 26 15:46:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

How does the GPL apply if I would like to receive a snort alert using the -A unsock output option?  In order to process the message received over a socket, I need to know about the format of the message.  This is specified in the header file for the output plugin (spo_alert_unixsock.h).  Does the GPL apply if I use the structure for the alert message that is in the header file within the application receiving the message?

Thanks,
Jason.