[Snort-users] Breaking SSL

Joel Esler eslerj at ...11827...
Thu Mar 26 09:17:32 EDT 2009

If, by source, you mean "program you can download and compile", you can't do
that with Breach.  They are an appliance based vendor that we at Sourcefire
partner with in order to provide SSL decryption for our customers.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <
luis.daniel.lucio at ...11827...> wrote:

> Thankx Paul
>
> However I was trying to install this and it seems that snort 2.8.x is not
> compatible.  There are many struc errors that gcc 4.3.2 refuses to compile.
>
> I was looinkg for other option, I've found the breach ssl module
> (http://www.sourcefire.com/partners/technology) however I couldnt found
> source.
>
> Does any one knows where to get this?
>
> TIA
>
> LD
>
> On Sunday 15 March 2009 10:46:22 Paul Melson wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
> >
> > <luis.daniel.lucio at ...11827...> wrote:
> > > If I set a snort in line mode, is it possible to break SSL connectiosn
> > > see what is going on? how?
> >
> > There's a third-party project for a Snort SSL prepocessor that can do
> > this where you have the private key (web servers, SSL VPN, etc.)
> >
> > http://www.ssltech.net/sfssl/index.html
> >
> > PaulM

Joel Esler
T: 302-223-5974 (-) Gtalk: jesler at ...1935...
[m]