[Snort-users] SO Rules: More complex rule writing

Mnemonyss mnemonyss at ...11827...
Tue Mar 24 12:33:43 EDT 2009

I just wanted to get a little more information on what exactly the SO
format of the rules in 2.6 and later will do exactly.
I keep reading that one can write more complex rules using it.

Does this mean I can write a rule that instead of just looking for a
keyword and alerting, it can do more?

To keep it simple something like :
For all traffic encountered matching A but not C and D and F then alert?

I'm still trying to find more documentation on this and having a hard
time. Please point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

Alicia