[Snort-users] Corrupted Frame and Exit

Mike Dillinger miked at ...14531...
Sun Mar 15 20:34:35 EDT 2009

--- Original Message
From: Joel Esler <eslerj at ...11827...>
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009, at 06:06AM PDT (GMT -0700)

JE> Mike, As a first troubleshooting step, can you update Snort to the
JE> latest version?  That way if it's still happening we can diagnose the
JE> problem in a future release?  You are very many versions behind.

I did try this.  I had issues with the libpcap part.  Debian calls their libpcap library "libpcap0.8" and I imagine that has something to do with it.  ./configure breaks at the libpcap stage, saying it can't find the libpcap library/headers.  I'm not a build expert so I don't know how to fix this.  I think my problem is libpcap anyhow and not snort.

Thanks,
-MikeD