[Snort-users] barnyard regular restart required

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at ...14358...
Wed Mar 11 23:43:07 EDT 2009

--On March 11, 2009 8:55:59 PM -0500 Ian Masters <ian at ...12163...> wrote:

>> What makes you think it isn't?  Some of us are watching the thread
>> wondering if someone has an answer.
>
> So you're restarting barnyard every day?

Yes, but not for the reason you think.  I get some information about bots
on a daily basis and run a script to update some rules.  That includes
restarting barnyard and snort after the rules and sid-msg.map update.

However, I *have* seen this problem, and it occurs for me whenever I don't
get around to running the script for a few days.

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.