[Snort-users] barnyard regular restart required

Ian Masters ian at ...12163...
Mon Mar 9 00:27:11 EDT 2009

> I do not use barnyard, but I have a process or two that needs to be
> restarted at midnight. I did not read much on Barnyard but if it fails to
> function at midnight when process restart (and log files are rotated)...
> you might wanna just add a cron job that runs a couple minutes after
> midnight to restart barnyard. HTH

Matthew,

Thanks for the reply.

My Snort process is not restarted, nor are my snort logs rotated, so I
can't understand why barnyard appears to stop sending info to BASE.

One other thing. My barnyard.waldo file contained the wrong snort.log file.

Can't quite get my head round this, however a cron to restart barnyard
might be a workaround. I can't understand why it should be necessary though.

Ian