[Snort-users] snortd problem

Joel Esler eslerj at ...11827...
Fri Mar 6 08:05:20 EST 2009

Roshan,
Why don't you go ahead and update Snort to it's latest version, available at
www.snort.org/dl

Aside from that, this is an issue with the snortd init script that you are
using to start Snort.  I don't have a copy of the script here, so I can't
see exactly what it's asking for.  Where did you get your startup script?

Joel

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:23 AM, roshan naik <mailmado at ...11827...> wrote:

> I've just begun the install of Snort 2.8.2 on fedora 9. The
> snag that I've hit is when attempting to test the
> confguration (# /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd start) I
> receive the following error:
> "/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd: line 16:
> /etc/sysconfig/snort: No such file or directory"

> Open Source Business Conference (OSBC), March 24-25, 2009, San Francisco,
> CA
> Enterprise
> participation
> -Receive a $600 discount off the registration fee with the source code:
> SFAD
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/XcvMzF8H

Joel Esler
T: 302-223-5974 (-) Gtalk: jesler at ...1935...
[m]