[Snort-users] [Snort-devel] About 64-bit snort binaries

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...1935...
Thu Mar 5 10:57:23 EST 2009

Yes, anything that relies on header files from Snort
that you are going to load into Snort as a shared
object, it needs to be built the same.

Output data types, such as unified2 and database, are
logging pieces of data, not specific data structures,
so the utilities that read those don't have to be built
64bit.

Cheers.
-steve