[Snort-users] apparent discrepancies at http://www.snort.org/vrt/

Nigel Houghton nhoughton at ...1935...
Thu Feb 12 15:07:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Tim Maletic <tmaletic at ...11827...> wrote:
>  On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Nigel Houghton
> <nhoughton at ...1935...> wrote:
>> Yes, we are aware of this issue. The shared object rules are not
>> reflected in the changelog. All shared object rules are listed in the
>> advisory for the rule release though as you found out.
>
> I want to be able to go from VRT advisory -> GID|SID -> rulename, so
> that I can objdump rulename to convince myself that the VRT rules I've
> downloaded actually contain the update.  -tm

The best that we can do right now is to give the GID/SID combos for
the shared object rules in the advisory text for the rule release, we
are not able at this time to include the rule information in the
changelog in the same way we do for regular text rules. We know about
the issue and we are working on it.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

--
Nigel Houghton