[Snort-users] Stopped at "using PCAP_FRAME"+DaemonMode can't be identified+Data can't be saved.

jiangzhw2008 jiangzhw2008 at ...14518...
Thu Feb 12 03:56:50 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am a newbie working for a IDS papers these days and encountered some problems seeking help.^_^
1.some instruction said that if run
"snort.exe -l c:\snort\log -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -A console "
you  should get a lot of infoscrolling by.I've installed the rules,however ,
when i run such command:
the information shown on the console stopped at the sentence at:
using PACP_FRMAES=65535
is it OK?
2.the option -D is recongized as invalid ,but i find the paragragh below in the readme under C:\Snort\doc
-D      Run Snort in daemon mode.  Alerts are sent to
            /var/log/snort/alert unless otherwise specified.
3.when i ran such command
snort -c "c:\snort\etc\snort.conf" -l "c:\snort\log" -deX
the data in mysql database and ACID reamained unchanged.

Best regards!
  Jiangzhw