[Snort-users] Ultrasurf Block Problem

Ryan Jordan ryan.jordan at ...1935...
Tue Feb 10 11:29:40 EST 2009

Trying to block Ultrasurf is going to be a major pain in the butt. From what
I can tell (after a few minutes' googling), it automates the process of
finding new proxy servers. At the network level, your safest bet would be to
restrict outgoing SSL traffic except for a whitelist of sites you trust.

If you have admin rights for the machines in your organization, you might
try preventing people from running the software in the first place. However,
this falls outside the realm of "snort help" and I wouldn't be much use to
you.

-Ryan