[Snort-users] Snort 2.8.4.1 with snortsam on 64bit segfault

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Mon Aug 31 18:35:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 09:16 -0400, Gary Pitman wrote:
> I apparently already had these files, The diff showed no diff.
> There isn't anything stupid I am missing is there? like a undocumented
> "--with-snortsam" configure argument?

Not that I'm aware of. I had report of folks using Snortsam successfully
on 64-bit systems since the TwoFish code got fixed. I'm not sure if they
run Snortsam or Snort on 64-bit though.

I'm slowly getting back to Snortsam, will take the web site back over
soon. I'm also gonna update the Snort plugin with the persistent TCP
connection handling. Probably right after the Barnyard2 plugin is done.
Can't make promises on when I get to it, but I'll put it on my todo.

Regards,
Frank