[Snort-users] Upgrading to Stream5 preprocessor

chintan shah shahchintanh at ...11827...
Fri Aug 28 08:01:04 EDT 2009

Hi..

Currently we are using Snort Inline 2.4.5a in our set up . This version of
Snort inline has Stream4 preprocessor which we want to upgrade to Stream5
without upgrading the Snort inline version. We intend to use the Stream_size
option with snort inline which is only available with the Stream5
preprocessor .Does anybody have an idea on how to achieve this without
installing higher versions of Snort inline ? Or is there any way / patch to
make stream_size option work with stream4 prep..?

Thanks
Chintan Shah