[Snort-users] Snort 2.8.4.1 with snortsam on 64bit segfault

Gary Pitman gpitman at ...14642...
Wed Aug 26 11:24:22 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have Snort running on RHEL5 64bit and after patching for snortsam  it
will only run for about 5-10 seconds before getting a segfault. The
strange thing is that I have had the problem of Snort not being able to
start when adding the "output fwsam" line previously because the patch
was not used correctly, but now it does start but then dies.
I do see that the patch added the 3 spo_alert_fwsam.* files in the
src/output-plugins directory so I am assuming the patch ran correctly. I
am wondering if the patch is not 64bit friendly. Has anyone had success
with this version on x64?

-notes
I do have enough time to start an strace on the snort process before it
dies but I do not see any useful information.
This is without any rules calling  for any action by the snortsam plugin.

Thank you,