[Snort-users] BASE/Barnyard2

Richard Lichvar rlichvar at ...14639...
Tue Aug 25 11:23:13 EDT 2009

More newbie questions:

1.       How can I tell what version of Snort a predecessor installed?

2.       I've heard that Barnyard/Barnyard2 is no longer needed for
Snort. True? What has replaced it? (We have barnyard installed and
determining if we even need to upgrade to Barnyard2 if it is no longer
needed.)

3.       With Snort already installed (CentOS 5.3), what else is needed
to install BASE? (I'm looking at the step-by-step Snort/BASE
installation instructions on howtoforge.com.) What version(s) of Snort
will BASE 1.4.3.1 work with?

Many thanks for your help to this newbie!

RichLich