[Snort-users] Snort with SnortSAM on FreeBSD

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Fri Aug 14 15:51:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 14:26 -0700, Scott Elgram wrote:
> I have both snort and snortSAM installed and the patch appears to have
> completed successfully.  Snort is working fine but when I add the
> “output alert_fwsam: localhost” like to my snort.conf I get the error
> “FATAL ERROR: unknown output plugin: 'alert_fwsam'”.

Then the plugin hasn't been compiled into Snort.

You may think that the patch worked properly, but the patch only
modifies the automake files, not the makefiles. So after patching, make
sure you run the automake tools to generate the new make files. (Those
steps are in the installation instructions under step 2.

http://doc.emergingthreats.net/bin/view/Main/SnortSamINSTALL

Regards,
Frank