[Snort-users] Testing Snort

-AnaS- _____ pxxanasxxq at ...125...
Wed Apr 29 00:56:31 EDT 2009

Hello evryone,

I am very happy to post you this email , this is my first time,

I have instaled snort , apache server , mysql database , and the interface "BASE"

it's running good , now i have to test intrusion and attacks

can you help me , guide me ??

I already tested scan.  I should test "Arp spoofing" and "Arp flooding" and others...

second point , i have to configure a port mirroring in the switch to reflect traffic to the port which my snort is installed,

I did it but just from one port source to destination port (cisco switch : catalyst 2960)

when i tried more than source port , it dosen't work

Thank you very much

A.i.A