[Snort-users] How to get dynamicdetection working

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Tue Apr 28 19:58:55 EDT 2009

http://vrt-sourcefire.blogspot.com/2009/01/using-vrt-certified-shared-object-rules.html
Joel

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton at ...3809...>wrote:

> I have just worked through compiling the rules on another machine with
> a brand new copy of 2.8.4.1 and still get it.
>
> Apr 29 11:33:38 monitor-dmzo snort: FATAL ERROR: Dynamic detection
> lib /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/lib_sfdynamic_example_rule.so
> 1.0 isn't compatible wi
> th the current dynamic engine library /usr/local/lib/
> snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so 1.10. The dynamic detection lib is
> compiled with an older version of the dynamic engine.
>
> After some stuffing around I did a rm lib_sfdynamic_example_rule.so*
> and everything burst into life.
>
> It would appear that when you install snort it installs these bad
> libraries :(
>
> Russell

joel esler | Sourcefire | gtalk: jesler at ...1935... | 302-223-5974 |
http://twitter.com/joelesler