[Snort-users] [Snort-devel] barnyard2 development

Joel Esler jesler at ...1935...
Wed Apr 22 18:59:32 EDT 2009

Michael,
I assure you there is no conspiracy.  Snort.org just hasn't changed much
recently as all of the development efforts have been focused on the new
site.  http://beta.snort.org for a look at the new site.

We'll get it linked once we get everything finalized for the new webpage.  I
am going to dedicate some time soon to test barnyard2 as well.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Michael Green <Michael.Green at ...4098...>wrote:

> G'day
>
> I've been happily using barnyard (with multiple patches) for quite some
> time and was very surprised to hear that barnyard2 even existed. While I
> have been happy with barnyard I have been concerned that it's no longer
> being maintained, especially with the apparent push to disable output
> methods other than unified.
>
> So now I discover that I can use unified2 and barnyard2. Great! Why
> isn't barnyard2 linked from snort.org? Why isn't unified2 in the default
> snort.conf? Is there something that you guys aren't telling us? Does
> Sourcefire have a problem with barnyard2?
>
> I just wondering what other people think about migrating to unified2 &
> barnyard2. Is this something that we all should be doing?
>
> Regards
>
> Michael Green

joel esler | Sourcefire | gtalk: jesler at ...1935... | 302-223-5974 |
http://twitter.com/joelesler