[Snort-users] [Snort-devel] barnyard2 development

Michael Green Michael.Green at ...4098...
Wed Apr 22 17:22:47 EDT 2009

G'day

I've been happily using barnyard (with multiple patches) for quite some
time and was very surprised to hear that barnyard2 even existed. While I
have been happy with barnyard I have been concerned that it's no longer
being maintained, especially with the apparent push to disable output
methods other than unified.

So now I discover that I can use unified2 and barnyard2. Great! Why
isn't barnyard2 linked from snort.org? Why isn't unified2 in the default
snort.conf? Is there something that you guys aren't telling us? Does
Sourcefire have a problem with barnyard2?

I just wondering what other people think about migrating to unified2 &
barnyard2. Is this something that we all should be doing?

Regards

Michael Green