[Snort-users] Grouping connections

Ulisses Araújo Costa ulissesaraujocosta at ...11827...
Wed Apr 22 12:12:03 EDT 2009

2009/4/22 Ulisses Araújo Costa <ulissesaraujocosta at ...11827...>

> Joel,
>
> that's what I said:
>
> "
> The problem is I want to make that to connections, not sessions.
>
> If it was sessions I can use the 'flag' keyword.
> "
>
> But I *don't* want sessions.
>
> 2009/4/22 Joel Esler <jesler at ...1935...>
>
>> Take a look at the tag keyword.
>> http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_htmanuals/htmanual_284/node373.html

Ah! 'tag' keyword. I'm sorry, seems I read that too fast.
Unfortunately this seems to be limited relative to the size of something:

count
      • <integer> - Count is specified as a number of units. Units are
specified in the <metric> field.

:S

I want something completely dynamic.