[Snort-users] InlineDrop() issues with snort_inline

Devdutt Patnaik xendevid at ...11827...
Sat Apr 18 22:18:26 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am using InlineDrop() in my own custom preprocessor code.
I need to drop certain packets using code in my preprocessor to implement an
IPS like functionality.

I setup snort_inline and it looks ok when I start it - it says "running in
inline mode" etc.
However, even after calls to InlineDrop(), the application still sees the
packet.
We verified that the function is being called for each packet.

Am i missing something in the setup or the usage of the function ? Please
let us know.

Thanks,
Devdutt.