[Snort-users] VRT SO rules path

Stephen Reese rsreese at ...11827...
Tue Apr 14 22:05:14 EDT 2009

This may just be me but I noticed that when I installed Snort 2.8.4 on
my Debian Lenny box it created:

/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules

but my snort.conf that I got with my latest ruleset had:

dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/bad-traffic.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/chat.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/dos.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/exploit.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/imap.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/misc.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/multimedia.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/netbios.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/nntp.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/p2p.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/smtp.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/sql.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/web-client.so
dynamicdetection file /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/web-misc.so

notice the lacking (s)... No biggy just wanted to mention it.