[Snort-users] v2.8.4 incorrect logging to MySQL

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at ...14358...
Tue Apr 14 17:20:38 EDT 2009

Trust me, I've read the conspiracy theories.  But I also know Marty personally,
and frankly, you're wrong.  The changes to the licensing of signatures was done
to prevent third party apps from using the rules without compensating
Sourcefire, a perfectly reasonable thing to do.  After all, those third party
apps (and appliances) and making money off Marty's (and all his many talented
employees') work.  The least they can do is pay Marty for making what's under
their hood much better than it otherwise would be.

Marty has said that snort will always be open source.  I believe him.

--On Tuesday, April 14, 2009 15:36:29 -0500 Loyal A Moses <loyalmoses at ...3027...>

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst