[Snort-users] Question regarding the use of the terms "enabled" and "disabled" as it applies to SourceFire VRT Rules

JJ Cummings cummingsj at ...11827...
Mon Apr 13 14:19:40 EDT 2009

"enabled" means that the rule is enabled (will be used to examine packets
but not "drop" them.. will only produce an alert/event) in the current
policy (or in the new ruleset).. "disabled" means the opposite.. it's not
enabled and will not be used to examine packets and therefore will not cause
any alerts/events..

JJC