[Snort-users] v2.8.4 incorrect logging to MySQL

Stephen Reese rsreese at ...11827...
Sat Apr 11 12:51:57 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Danny Paul <JDPAUL at ...14548...> wrote:
> I don't really *need* to use barnyard - snort thus far has not had a problem keeping up with the traffic while writing logs directly to MySQL. We're talking about a pretty low speed link, really. As far as what's correct, writing its log to MySQL is supported, is it not?

I haven't seen a problem writing data to MySQL from Snort and I'm
writing directly to MySQL from Snort.

$ mysql -uroot -pblah -D snort -e "select count(*) from event"
| count(*) |
|       55 |