[Snort-users] how to run snort from different linux directories

Nathaniel Richmond nate+snort at ...14258...
Sun Apr 5 20:25:50 EDT 2009

By the look of it, you're running as a normal user when it fails,
and root when it succeeds. Snort can't open the interface in
promiscuous mode if you're not running with root privileges.