[Snort-users] More Solaris Woes

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...13561...
Mon Sep 22 19:06:42 EDT 2008

Both methods place files in /usr/local/(lib/include).

>From source:

/usr/local/include/pcap-bpf.h
/usr/local/include/pcap-namedb.h
/usr/local/include/pcap.h
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.a

>From libpcap-0.9.8-sol10-sparc-local:

/usr/local/include/pcap-bpf.h
/usr/local/include/pcap-namedb.h
/usr/local/include/pcap.h
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.a

I would go with the pre-compiled package, if I didn't so desperately want
to know what the difference is here! :-)

There has to be something different in the way SFW compiles their
packages. I just wish I could figure out what it was.