[Snort-users] More Solaris Woes

Ryan Jordan jjordan at ...1935...
Mon Sep 22 17:30:31 EDT 2008

Sorry, I should have clarified a bit. Do the files end up in the same place
regardless of your installation method? I'm not looking for overwritten
files. The error you posted indicates that your self-compiled libpcap is
getting installed to a directory that isn't being searched for libraries.

Unfortunately, I don't use Solaris, so I couldn't tell you how to check the
installation path used by the Sun packages. However, the typical places are
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib, with header files in /usr/include and
/usr/local/include. Make sure that you didn't miss any steps when building
libpcap.

Honestly, if your pre-made package works fine, I would just go with that.