[Snort-users] ERROR: Failed to find InitializeDetection()

Alberto Colosi/SI/RM/GSI/it alberto.colosi at ...14413...
Wed Sep 10 15:27:28 EDT 2008

I'm not so sure! maybe I'm wrong but:

> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so: undefined
> symbol:
> InitializeDetection
> Fatal Error, Quitting..

should say that the file is in place but load badly "undefined symbol".

Have you used RPM package? I ever compile my packages :D
(best at least for me)

-------------------------------
Alberto Colosi
IBM Global Business Services
Sistemi Informativi S.P.A.
IT NetWork & Security Department
 *-* *-* *-*
SECURITY IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS

Member of
IBM Information Security WW CoP

             Seth
             <sethsec at ...14414...
             Sent by:                  snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             snort-users-bounc                                          cc
             es at ...2987...
             rge.net                                               Subject
                                       Re: [Snort-users] ERROR: Failed to
                                       find InitializeDetection()
             10/09/2008 17.34

Ricardo,

Run: find / -name libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so and figure out where that
file is located.

Your snort.conf is looking for that file here:
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so and the
output is telling you it is having trouble finding it.

Once you figure out where that file is located, you can either change
the line in snort.conf, or you can relocate the files to where
snort.conf thinks they should be.

Regards,

Seth