[Snort-users] ERROR: Failed to find InitializeDetection()

Seth sethsec at ...11827...
Wed Sep 10 11:34:10 EDT 2008

Ricardo,

Run: find / -name libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so and figure out where that
file is located.

Your snort.conf is looking for that file here:
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so and the
output is telling you it is having trouble finding it.

Once you figure out where that file is located, you can either change
the line in snort.conf, or you can relocate the files to where
snort.conf thinks they should be.

Regards,

Seth