[Snort-users] ERROR: Failed to find InitializeDetection()

Ricardo F. Teixeira ricardo.teixas at ...11827...
Sun Sep 7 20:02:24 EDT 2008

Hi people,

I'm having this strange error, when I try to run snort:

libsf_engine.so... done
snort_dynamicrule...
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so... ERROR:
Failed to find
InitializeDetection() function in /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/
libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so:
/usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrule/libsf_ftptelnet_preproc.so: undefined
symbol:
InitializeDetection
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Snort: Version 2.8.3 (Build 16)