[Snort-users] Match(mlist->id, index, data) in acsmx2.c?

Rayne hjazz6 at ...14432...
Fri Oct 31 04:28:31 EDT 2008

Another related question:

In the main function, the search function is called by
acsmSearch2(acsm, text, strlen(text), MatchFound, (void *)0);

However, MatchFound is a function that simply outputs the id to screen and returns. So what is the significance of having MatchFound as one of the function arguments?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne

--- On Fri, 10/31/08, Rayne <hjazz6 at ...14432...> wrote:
From: Rayne <hjazz6 at ...14432...>
Subject: [Snort-users] Match(mlist->id, index, data) in acsmx2.c?
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Friday, October 31, 2008, 8:02 AM

Hi,

I was going through acsmx2.c and trying to compile it, when I found that there were several instances of "Match(mlist->id, index, data)" in the search functions. However, I can't find the function anywhere and the compiler gives me the error that it's undeclared. The closest I could find was the function "int MatchFound(void *id, int index, void *data)".

Where is the Match function?

Thank you.

Regards,
Rayne