[Snort-users] problems installing snort with mysql on Ubuntu server 8.04 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Craig reswob10 at ...11827...
Tue Oct 21 16:22:09 EDT 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

That didn't work.

As far as installed mysql packages:

After running the command:  dpkg -l | grep mysql

this is the list I get:

ii  libdbd-mysql-perl                     4.005-1                     A
Perl5 database interface to the MySQL data
ii  libmysqlclient15off                   5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1          MySQL
database client library
ii  mysql-client-5.0                      5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1          MySQL
database client binaries
ii  mysql-common                          5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1          MySQL
database common files
ii  mysql-server                          5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1          MySQL
database server (meta package dependin
ii  mysql-server-5.0                      5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.1          MySQL
database server binaries
ii  php5-mysql                            5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3            MySQL
module for php5

Craig L. Bowser
CISSP		SANS GSEC (Gold)
Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.