[Snort-users] Snort only alert about traffic with an specific IP

Leon Ward seclists at ...14165...
Mon May 26 09:23:18 EDT 2008

Sounds like a data presentation issue to me.
Check Snort is seeing the traffic that you think it should be.

snort -vdei eth0

or check it out with another sniffer like tcpdump. Was the rule that
didn't involve your IP a broadcast packet?

-Leon