[Snort-users] Barnyard / PostgreSQL / Solaris

Randal T. Rioux randy at ...13561...
Fri May 23 15:58:42 EDT 2008

Has anyone had a successful compilation of Barnyard with support for
PostgreSQL on Solaris 10 SPARC?

Here's what I do:

First I replace line 1543 of configure with LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -lresolv
-lnsl"

Then:

# ./configure --enable-postgres
# make && make install

...configure barnyard.conf, etc etc...

# barnyard -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map -s
/etc/snort/sid-msg.map -d /var/log/snort -f snort.log -w
/etc/snort/log.waldo
ld.so.1: barnyard: fatal: libpq.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
#

It compiles fine, finds all the PostgreSQL libs & such in
/usr/postgres/8.2. Any ideas? I've scoured the code to no avail. I must be
missing something stupid.

Thanks,
Randy